Monday, February 23, 2009

hard times

I wanted to write a bit about this time in my life, so I wouldn't forget about it. 
I don't know about you, but we have a tremendous amount of family, friends, coworkers, acquaintances and strangers going through heartache right now.  Miscarriage, divorce, ice storms, encephalitis, lost jobs, bankruptcy, leukemia, lymphoma...the list goes on and on.  I've never been so close to so many hurting people.  
It has been a faith builder for me.  
I've asked all the questions. 
My Father told me to expect trouble.  He said that I'll face trouble in this world. 
Why?  I'm not sure I'll ever know the full answer to this question. 
But my current answer...development. 
"Do you not know that the testing of your faith develops..."
I've definitely hit a time of development. 
I hope I can welcome it.  I hope I can consider it joy, both now and in the times ahead.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Amen, Mel! When I am weak, I am very strong.