1. Christmas - wonderful and lovely. We had Christmas day at home, just the 4 of us - a white Christmas this year. We opened gifts and stockings for each other, read the story of Jesus together and had biscuits and gravy. We picked out 1 special gift for the boys (their request) and both of them still have yet to put down what they received from us. We then enjoyed time in KC with my family and extended family in Topeka. My little niece and nephew (Anna and Warrick) are just the cutest things you've ever seen. My sweet grandma (our only grandparent still with us) is going to be 90 this year. She is such an inspiration to me as she continues to have a positive outlook on life - she even keeps up with us via email although she's terribly blind due to diabetes. I hope to never stop trying in life. She's quite the example!
Mom made Micah a great gift - she made folders with step by step drawing instructions and that has consumed Micah for weeks now! He's suddenly become quite the little artist. Thanks mom.
3. Parent's weekend - a gift from me to my parents was to spend a weekend in KC with just the 3 of us. I haven't gone home by myself in over 5 years. I have incredible parents. I love spending time with them. We went to the KC Nelson-Atkins Art Museum, the plaza, Po's Dumpling Bar, the Broadway production of A White Christmas, Barnes & Noble to read and just enjoyed hanging out.
I have the best husband in the world - he not only watched my boys for the weekend, but made great memories with them. Micah and Levi were so excited to tell me about all they did with Papa while I was gone...David even found Micah a brand new Tigger bike at the thrift store, complete with bell and poms. He bought it for $7 and then took it to our local bike shop to fit it perfectly to Micah. I moved all the furniture to the corners of the house (who cares, we move in 2 days), so they've been riding around the house all morning. They pretty much believe that Papa hung the moon. I agree.
4. We move into our apartment this week - to prepare for India. I'm off to pack.
We hope to see so many of you during our travels the next few months. We continue to fall more in love with Jesus and the life He brings us - full, abundant, never a dull moment. I used to think we had a crazy life cause I married a crazy man. Now I'm just convinced that I married a man that radically loves Jesus and that's why I have a crazy life. I love it.









1 comment:
Loved this. Miss you. I'll call tomorrow - didn't realize you were moving so soon?!
Post a Comment