Saturday, April 18, 2009

the UPS guy


this was a doozy....I emailed this out to friends last week and wanted to blog it so I wouldn't forget.

So, I have to write this down, or I'll forget it.  I really don't know if its that funny, but I'm so out of sorts, it made me laugh till I cried.

So, we've got the flu here.  Yesterday was horrible, today is a bit better.  The boys seem to feel bad - off and on, so do I.  I threw up quite a bit yesterday and definitely was fighting a fever for most of the day.  Poor Levi keeps complaining about his legs hurting and points at his head too.  But he's pretty happy still.  He's pooped on the floor today, twice, long story - its days like today where you
really hate diapers.  1. they teach my kid to poop anywhere he wants.
2. they are expensive 3.  they don't hold diarrhea 4.  putting 6 diapers on a 2 year old in 1 morning while you are sick is about enough to make you pull your hair out.  anyway, back to the story.

So, I was putting levi's 6th diaper on (3rd in the last 30 minutes - the diarrhea has hit pretty hard) and was right in the middle of wiping, when the door bell rang.  I thought Micah was watching his "word world" show, so I didn't worry about the door or him (was fairly
consumed with poop all over the place) and so I left the door alone.
Well, Micah didn't.  I walked back into the living room - to this - see the attached picture.
I looked at him (holding 2 packages) and then saw the UPS driver pulling out of the driveway.

Can you imagine the UPS driver - ding dong...3 year old comes to the
door with no pants on..."can I help you, oh, packages, thank you."
"sign here", says the UPS man.  "ok - here you go." says micah.  and off goes the UPS guy.  (I'm making that up, I have no idea how the interaction went).

The part that really made me laugh was this, as I entered the room, Micah holds up the packages and said - "Mom, that nice man came to give me some presents.  He said that they were for me. Are they from Memama or Nana?...I bet that they came from Nana cause that man wasn't from Florida."

Life with children is wonderful.  Even on your really bad days, you laugh a lot.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

This is hilarious! I'm sure that Micah was the highlight of that postman's day. I hope that you guys are feeling better now --sick kids are the worst.