Thursday, November 13, 2008

the house from hell


Well, that pretty much sums it up for me. This house is from hell.  I hope you don't mind my bluntness.  2 hour meeting with the bank yesterday. Aweful. Horrible. Lump in my throat the entire time. I hope someday to look back at our current housing fiasco and somehow understand that the Lord takes us through trials for a reason.  Right now, "considering it all joy" seems impossible.  
For those of you reading this who have no clue what I'm talking about, and to provide a simple description so I will never forget this. 
THE BAD -
We've been buying houses for over 5 years now. 
We fix them and sell them and make money.
It has worked splendidly until now.
We are stuck in an unfinished house with no money and a horrible market and have very few options.
I will humbly tell you that foreclosure wasn't a part of my life plan.
THE GOOD - 
I am married to this incredible guy that considers me his teammate and thus, we haven't strangled each other yet.  We've had our moments, but we are getting closer through this. 
Secondly, I don't think we'll ever ever ever ever go into debt again. That IS a part of my life plan and I want to keep it that way - we may be forced to.  I guess we have to be taught pretty hard lessons sometimes to get our life where He wants it.  
So, there you have it.  The house from hell (or maybe the exact opposite).

3 comments:

Sara Neufeld said...

well, sucky, suck suck. I'm sorry you had such an aweful meeting. you know we're praying for release from this. love you girl.

Amy said...

Stinks. The outside of the house is pretty freaking amazing though.........

Erin said...

i'm sorry Mel... we'll be praying for you!