
I'm realizing more and more that my boys are growing up in quite a different age than I did. I take them to the library and the first thing they run to is the computer. Micah can already play computer games, working the mouse and typing on the keypad all by himself. Levi likes touching all the keys on my macbook and is intrigued when i send an email and he hears that lovely swoosh sound that my computer makes when an email is en route to its recipient.
They both already know how to work hulu (if you don't use www.hulu.com for kids shows now and then, you should - try "boo", its great fun and its free). Micah has even mastered turning on the next segment once his first (and the only one he is supposed to be watching) has finished. I found him upstairs quietly watching his 5th episode last week. I of course thought he was lying there asleep like an angel cause I hadn't heard a peep in 2 hours. Wrong. He was glued to my mac - watching Casper (the friendly ghost - remember that one? another hulu fav).
Heck, I'm in the generation that learned to type on a typewriter and didn't have email till college. I turned my tv on by pushing in a knob and then twisting the knob to get from channel to channel. Times have changed.
My amazing 89 year old grandma must be in a daze - think of all the advancements in technology in her lifetime! I hope to be like her someday. She is a pro googler, emails me and many others on a regular basis, keeps up with news and sports online - all this being legally blind and fighting diabetes since childhood. wow. hope her genes are really engrained in me. i never want to stop learning and growing. Here's a pic of her holding Levi for the first time.
I wrote this blog to comment on something so sweet about my husband. Years ago he decided to set up a gmail account for Micah - he was concerned that micahdmurray@gmail.com might be taken by the time Micah is old enough to use email. So, he set one up and we've now got one set up for Levi too.
What is so sweet is that David emails his sons periodically, so that someday they'll have their first emails from us.
I emailed Levi last month, the day after his hand was burned. It was really special to be able to tell him how hard that was for me and how much I love him and to know that someday he'll log into his gmail account and be able to read his mama and papa's words for himself.
How cool is that??? You should do it too!









5 comments:
That is such a good idea!!
That is so sweet!!
Hi Mel! Thanks for finding my blog... I knew you had a blog, but not this one... it must be new, no?
You and Dave have such cute boys... no surprise there though. :)
This is a really sweet idea and I think we need to set up Silas T. with an email. Yay for blogs helping keep people in touch!
I LOVE that idea. You guys are so great. How cool! Okay, it's official. I miss you. More than you know.
So glad you are recording all of this fun stuff!! Your boys are adorable! love, mom
Post a Comment