Wednesday, October 7, 2009

pesto





We had some down time this weekend.  After Levi and I got over the flu, we contracted strep and managed to pass it on to Micah and David.  We are all feeling much better, but we spent a few days just making sure we were done with all this crud.  We also had good friends lose their 10 year old daughter this weekend - made for a somber and difficult few days.
David and I had a quiet Sunday afternoon together.  We picked about 1/8th of our basil and made pesto.  We have quite a bit, so we'll freeze some in ice trays or give a bunch away.  Let us know if you'd like some. We have so much more basil left - if you want some of that - let me know as well.  

3 comments:

Sara Neufeld said...

pesto? yes please.

Unknown said...

I hope your pine nuts didn't give you pine mouth. :)

Erin said...

I made pesto this week also. It works great to freeze it in snack size zip lock bags.