Thursday, October 22, 2009

so much






I have so much on my mind and so many things to write down so I don't forget, that today is going to just be a list with not a lot of details - 

1.  We are moving to India soon.  Maybe Feb. Maybe June.  That rhymes.
2.  We spent the weekend with my family at a cabin on Beaver lake and had a blast.
3.  My sweet sister is pregnant. Yeah!
4.  Micah said yesterday, "Mom, does God really do what He does?" - so profound!
5.  We are keeping 2 "at-risk" toddlers a few days a week and it is going to change us...big time.
6.  Levi is refusing to go near a toilet.  Maybe India will be good for that...
7.  When we first picked up our 2 boys from South Fayetteville, Micah turns around and says to them, "Hi Trey, Hi Idarion, what country are you from?" - we had a long talk about that! ;)
8.  Micah is excited about India cause they have rice there and it is by China.  He first wanted to know what color his new friends would be and after looking at our books about India from the Library, told us the following story about the red dot on the women - 
"I know why they have that red dot mama.  A long time ago, once upon a time, all the fish in India died.  The women got the blood out of the fish and put a dot of it on their heads so that they wouldn't ever forget about the fish from India."  We have much to learn.
9.  Levi doesn't say much about what he thinks about India - he is just excited about the airplane and the train.
10.  Uncle Chris leaves for the army in 10 days and we are sad.  We'll be gone before he gets back and I don't have the guts to tell Micah and Levi about it all.  They are going to be devastated.  Chris is part of our family.  Ugh.  

That's enough for now.  I know I'm forgetting something...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW x 3. I need to call you!

Aud said...

india?!! really? will you be doing rug stuff? that's so exciting!

Erin said...

I couldn't watch your video, but I had a feeling your news was involving a move. I'm anxious to hear about it. Now we have more reason than ever to be sure to head your way soon... just stay well this time :)

Sarah Murray said...

So glad you keep blogging--your stories always make me laugh. 4 toddlers...wow.